We celebrated four successful Teen Lock-ins at four of our branches: College Rolando, Malcolm X, Point Loma and Rancho Penasquitos. Each branch had anywhere from 25-30 teens, and held similar/different activities that suited the teens in their respective communities. Activities included: duct tape purses, wallets; origami; button-making; kinect; video gaming; music; dancing; and playing guitars and drums. Teen feedback was for the most part, very positive.
The official results of the Lock-in Scavenger Hunt are in. And the winner is . . . (drum roll here) . . .
Butte County Library, Paradise Branch–Team 2! Well done!
In second place we have a tie between the Cayce-West Columbia Branch Library and the Stow-Munroe Falls Public Library. Nice job!
And in third place, it’s Butte County Library, Paradise Branch–Team 1!
All the photos were great fun to see. I recommend perusing them when you get a chance. Here are a few highlights that I especially enjoyed:
- the human pyramids–check out the Alexander page
- ninja poses by the Indian Land teens
- great roller coaster pics
- Florence teens had some cool jump(ing) shots
- Kirkwood teens were quite clever, particularly with their headstands
- and it’s not often you see chess and football depicted in the same photo (Mammoth sports)